Sunday, March 24, 2013

Green Apple & Rose

One never knows when inspiration will hit. I was just laying in bed the other night, wiggly because I couldn't get to sleep, and then just boom there it was. I pictured this exact soap...color, shape, size...everything. Usually, I ponder the different parts of a soap for a while (sometimes a LONG while) before I come up with what I want to do. I had to make this soap immediately! So into the soap kitchen I went...well, I did wait until the next afternoon. :-)

This soap has a beautiful scent blend of tart and juicy granny smith apples, combined with delicate rose blossoms. I'm not much of a person for rose, but this fragrance totally works. There is something about the tartness of the apple that just makes it all come together.

This soap also features my new 'swirl in a swirl' method. A soap maker and friend watched the video and suggested I call it the Holly Swirl. I like the sound of that! The method consists of swirling two (or more of course) colors together and then using that swirl to swirl with another color. I love it! So fun! You know my brain is just running in overdrive now with all the new ideas that I have.






We received another heavy blanket of snow overnight and for some reason, the bright white beauty of it all always makes me want to make soap. I think it is because it makes my soaping area so nice and bright. I need to clean the house today but I may squeeze in some soap making first. :-D

19 comments:

Diva Prirodna Kozmetika said...

I love this soap! Thanks for sharing,Holly, I think I will try this technique!

Jenni said...

What a beauty! I love your soaps! :)

Cee said...

Wow, so beautiful Holly and I love your 'swirl-in-a-swirl' technique...so cool!!!

Shieh Design Studio said...

Love this technique! I want to try too!

LatherBeSoaping said...

This soap is stunning, Holly! I love the swirl-in-a-swirl look. The Holly Swirl sounds good to me! I'll have to try it sometime.

Kia - Petals Bath Boutique said...

Gorgeous!

Holly said...

Thank you so much! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

Kirppu said...

Your Holly swirl is amazing. The color combination and scent reminds me of my grandmother :) She had green curtains with pink roses and she smelled like roses.

Lavarie - der Seifenblog said...

What a beauty!

Diva Prirodna Kozmetika said...

I cannot stop wondering how the green didn't penetrate the red-white portion!? I saw your video and the way you poured them all,but what I would expect to see is the green break through the swirled part! Yours,on the contrary look so clean and neat, like the swirls were embeded into the green! I'm puzzled!

Anonymous said...

Beautyful soap,
Springtime!!!!
LG
Sibylle

Patti said...

Your swirl is so beautiful. It reminds me of a country rose pattern. So pretty! Thanks for sharing the video too.

Unknown said...

That's a really pretty one!

Kim said...

As usual...a beautiful soap from a beautiful lady. Love it!!

grantrhys0 said...

Beautiful Holly!
Where can I find your video link to this...I have to try it!
Denise

Carmen said...

Precioso jabón.
Saludos

Unknown said...

After watching your video and reading your post, I was inspired! I tried the Holly Swirl and hope it turns out half as beautifully as yours did! Thanks for sharing. Love your soaps!

Unknown said...

I am so inspired by your soaps. The Holly Swirl is beautiful and I tried it tonight! I am crossing my fingers that it is half as beautiful as your. Thanks for sharing.

Natalia said...

Can't wait to try this technique! Thanks for sharing, Holly!