Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Look Around

I thought it would be fun to show you all my new soap shelves and packaging area. I did this video after all my soaps were wrapped but before I started packing all the new orders. I have always enjoying seeing the work area of other soap makers. In so many videos, we usually just see the up close view. It would be great fun (for me at least, lol) if other soap makers would 'step back' and take a picture or video of the area they work and store their products. A 'TAG' perhaps? It doesn't matter how small or how large the operation, it is always fun to go behind the scenes.




These are snapshots from the video. Though tiny, you still get the idea...

My main soaping/packaging area. I usually soap on the white table and my shelf of supplies is out of view behind the white table.




The new shelves my husband built with wrapped soaps on top and curing soaps underneath. We will eventually paint them white to match the trim but I needed them ASAP.




This is my little packaging table (though I do spread out on the white table to work most of the time) with the new ribbon holder my husband made as well.




I hope you enjoyed the little peek around! I will admit that I've been devoid of inspiration for new soaps recently. I am running low on fragrances (will be making orders today I hope!) and that is never easy! :-D Last night I got an idea again (it usually happens when I least expect it) and I can't wait to get into my soaping zone and whip out some new soap!

Thank you for stopping by and for all of you that have placed orders with me...a big thank you! I appreciate it!

8 comments:

Louisa McFarland said...

I love your area. I am in the process of setting up a shop too so it is great to see how others are set up. Thank you for sharing. All your soaps look so pretty all sitting up there in their nice rows.

Shieh Design Studio said...

Your soaping studio looks GREAT!

Anne-Marie said...

What a gorgeous soaping area! I love how well organized yours is. =)

Two Blooms Design Studio said...

Your husband sounds amazing, wish I had someone to build me stuff etc. It all looks great and I wish I could ship your soaping area to my house.

goodgirl said...

Oh wow, your new soaping area is great! Looks really impressive and I like all those colors of your soaps :).

Holly said...

Thank you! I love having a dedicated area to work. My husband IS quite amazing. ;-)

Unknown said...

You inspire me to soap it up! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Great area! It looks so bright. I posted a studio tour on my blog at the beginning of Jan. if you want to check it out. http://blog.ladybugsoapworks.net/2013/01/soap-studio-tour.html