Monday, June 6, 2011

Soaping Berried Treasure

After a long month, I got back into the soap kitchen today. I soaped a berry fragrance oil that smells very much like the SweetTarts candy. It isn't quite that sweet but it does have those notes. The fragrance oil threw me for a loop and turned my soap batter neon yellow. I've been experiencing that quite a lot recently. I used ultramarines to color the soap but they were so dull that I supplemented them with some pop micas. I made a regular loaf, a guest-sized loaf for the kids, two big hearts, and some small hearts that I might use in a later batch.

Overall, I'm very happy with today's soaping but the fragrance oil could have been a bit more compliant.

I'm not sure what I'll soap next but now that it's so hot( 95*!), I'm sure I'll be soaping more often.




6 comments:

The Soap Sister said...

Very pretty, indeed! Boy, the hot weather is great for being inside soaping, isn't it? So much fun! :) -Becky

Milla said...

I can't believe how pretty the top is. It's almost magical!

twobloomsdesignstudio said...

I love the colour and the scent sounds amazing.

Michelle

Amy W said...

What a great name for the soap! Very cute play on words. :) Agreed - the texture on top is just amazing!

Holly said...

Thanks! I tried cutting it yesterday but it just wasn't ready yet. Hopefully today!

Anne-Marie said...

Berried Treasure? What a super cute name! I love the video too, your surface texture technique was so interesting to watch!