Sunday, September 12, 2010

Almond Cream

This is one of those wild hair soaps. I had no intentions of making soap today but then I got a wild hair. :) Actually, I was twiddling my thumbs trying to figure out what I could do. Amazing but true. Anyhoo...I'm waiting on my pumpkin fragrance oil so I decided to dig into the fragrance oil drawer and see what I could come up with. I used a plain almond fo from WSP that was hiding in my drawer. It smells so good! It's very much like the scent of Zum Bar's almond soap. That was the first soap I ever purchased in the whole handmade soap genre. It is also the reason I chose to figure out how to make soap because I couldn't in my right mind keep spending that kind of money on soap. :P Looking back...yeah, not a great plan. But I did find a hobby that I enjoy!

Anyway... this soap is a slight variation on a new recipe that I've stumbled upon that I truly love. It is heavy on the olive oil with some PKO, Avocado, and Castor. I varied it to finish up some AKO that I had. I think I'm out of most of my odd oils now. They were nearing their shelf live expiration so it was time to get them outta here.


I added some real cream and the fragrance oil and then saved some soap back for the topping. I added apricot kernal powder to the main body of the soap. Then I lighted the saved soap for the topping. I love the look of thin soap poured from a distance and how it falls into the soap. It will be so fun to see how it turns out.

1 comment:

sufolks said...

Hello,
Love almond scent. I'll bet that soap smells heavenly. Since the weather here has cooled off I've been thinking about making more soap. Can't wait.
Suzanne
Window On The Prairie
http://windowontheprairie.com/